Complex Treatment Of Liver Transplant In Best Hospitals
Complex Treatment Of Liver Transplant In Best HospitalsHealth and Holidays
The main function of liver in the body is to filter the blood coming from the digestive tract before passing it to the rest of the body. It also does the work of detoxifying chemicals and metabolizing drugs. This makes it an important part of the body. It is the largest internal organ which sits on the right side of the stomach. But the working of this part is hampered due to some conditions and diseases. These can be severe enough to cause complete failure. The only way out of this dangerous condition is transplant. Health And Holidays assists you in connecting with the finest liver transplant hospitals in India.
Liver transplant is a surgical procedure that removes a non functioning liver and replaces it with a healthy liver received from a donor. It is the second most commonly transplanted organ which implies that liver diseases have become quite common and serious problem. Liver transplant doctors are needed when damage to the liver severely impairs a person’s health and quality of life.
Liver transplant hospitals in India mention the following reasons for causing its failure –
1. Hepatitis A, B and C can cause acute failure. Other viruses which are primary reasons for it damage are Epstein-Barr virus, cytomegalovirus and herpes simplex virus.
2. Acetaminophen overdose is also a common occurrence. Taking very large dose of this medicine which is higher than the recommended dose can be lethal.
3. Prescribed medicines such as antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and anticonvulsants are also a reason.
4. Autoimmune diseases in which the immune system attacks liver cells causes inflammation and injury to the liver.
5. Cancer of the liver that either begins or spreads there can cause it to fail.
Health and Holidays has helped many foreign patients in getting liver transplant which has added to the image of medical tourism in India. Some of the common symptoms noticed by the patients are –
1. Yellowing of the skin and eyeballs.
2. Pain in the upper right abdomen.
3. Abdominal swelling.
4. Nausea accompanied with vomiting.
5. Confusion and disorientation.
Some of the common diagnostic tests required are
1. CT scan creates picture of the liver by using X-rays.
2. To see if the blood vessels are open, Doppler ultrasound is needed.
3. Functioning of the heart is seen by echocardiogram.
4. Blood test to determine blood type, clotting ability, gauging liver function etc.
Best liver transplant surgery specialists in India either go ahead with living donor liver transplant or deceased donor liver transplant. Both of them are legal in India but the latter one is more common. In this procedure, you will first be administered general anesthesia. Incisions will be made across your abdomen to access the liver. The location and size of the incisions varies according to the surgeon. The diseased liver is taken out by disconnecting your liver’s blood supply. The donor liver is placed and blood cells and bile ducts are reattached. The surgery takes approximately 12 hours.
Tags: Liver Transplant hospitals in India, Liver Transplant doctors in India, Medical Tourism in India, Health and Holidays.