What Conditions Come Under Gastroenterology Treatment
What Conditions Come Under Gastroenterology TreatmentHealth and Holidays
Our body functions by the intake of food which gives us proper nutrients and energy. The role of breaking down the food for absorption and digestion purposes is done with the help of digestive system. This system tears the food into smaller parts so that it can be absorbed by the body. Along with the gastrointestinal tract, it is made up of tongue, salivary glands, pancreas and liver. Some diseases and conditions hamper the working of our digestive system. The branch of medicine which oversees the proper functioning of our digestive system is known as gastroenterology. Health and Holidays will help you in selecting top gastroenterology treatment hospitals in India.
Doctors who specialize in this department is known as gastroenterologists. Doctors present in gastroenterology hospitals in India perform a number of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including colonoscopy, endoscopy, biopsy etc. They can treat everything from irritable bowel syndrome to Hepatitis C. You will need to see these doctors if you have unexplained blood in your stool, difficulty in swallowing food or experiencing abdominal pain.
Gastroenterology Specialists in India treat different conditions. Some of them are explained below
· Acid reflux – it is a chronic disease in when stomach acid flows into the food pipe and irritates the lining. It is also known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It happens when the upper part of the stomach and Lower esophageal sphincter (LES) move above the diaphragm. You should avoid eating lying down after having large meals.
· Ulcer – they are painful sores that develop on the lining of the oesophagus, stomach or small intestine. They occur when stomach acid damage the lining of the digestive tract. Primary cause of peptic ulcers is bacterial infection. Other factors that contribute to ulcers are aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen etc.
· Hepatitis C – it is an infection caused by a virus that attacks the liver and leads to inflammation. According to the best gastroenterology doctors in India, the virus is spread by contact with contaminated blood. Most people don’t show any symptoms and those who develop symptoms have fatigue, nausea and loss of appetite.
· Colon cancer – It is the cancer of large intestine, located at the digestive tract’s lower end. The detection of this cancer can be tough as there are no early symptoms. They can only be diagnosed by screening. Common treatment options include surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Gastroenterology treatment hospitals in India use the following surgeries to treat the problems –
· Laparoscopic surgery – It is a minimally invasive surgical option in which small incisions are made in the abdomen to allow access ports to be inserted. It can be used for proctosigmoidectomy, Ileocolectomy, rectopexy etc.
· Halo ablation – medical tourism in India is helped a lot by halo ablation. This procedure is used to treat Barrett’s esophagus. If not treated in time, it has the potential to turn into cancer. In this procedure, patient is under conscious sedation. There are two types of ablation catheter – a balloon mounted catheter or an endoscope mounted catheter.
Tags: Gastroenterology Hospitals in India, Gastroenterology Doctors in India, Gastroenterology Specialist in India, Gastroenterology Treatment Hospitals in India, Health and Holidays.