What are the diseases treated in hepatology hospitals
What are the diseases treated in hepatology hospitalsHealth and Holidays
The study of all the diseases and disorders of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tract is done under the branch of Hepatology. It deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the diseases of these body parts. Health and Holidays is that medium which connects you with the best hepatology hospitals in India. They have been a major factor in contributing to medical tourism in India. They attract patients from all over the world which makes them a reliable name for best healthcare tourism in India.
Best hepatology doctors in India treat the following diseases –
· Liver cirrhosis – It is the condition in which the scar tissues take over the healthy tissues of the liver. As the disease progresses, there will be more impact and it will stop to work. The main cause of this condition is alcohol. The damage which has already been done to the liver cannot be reversed but further damage can be reduced. There is experience of fatigue, weight loss, jaundice etc.
· Gallstones – They are solid and hard deposits formed by cholesterol and bilirubin. They are formed in the gall bladder. In simple terms, they are solidified form of digestive fluids. Most of the people don’t observe any symptom but patients who do, have to remove the entire gall bladder.
· Hepatitis B – it is a medical condition which is caused by hepatitis B virus in the body and directly affects the liver. It spreads from one source to another by infected bodily fluids. It is identified by yellowing of the eyes, dark urine etc.
· Pancreatitis – It is the disease in which our pancreas becomes inflamed. In this condition, the digestive enzymes activate before they are released into the small intestine. You may experience sudden vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain etc.
Two of the most common treatments given by best hepatology specialists in India are –
· Cholecystectomy – it is the medical term given for gall bladder removal. It is a surgical procedure which is done when you are experiencing pain from gall bladders that block the flow of bile. It is a surgery but only a small procedure. It can also be done with the help of a minimally invasive procedure. An incision is made through which a laparoscope with tiny video camera is inserted into the abdomen. Another set of incisions are made through which surgical tools are inserted in the body to remove the gall bladder.
· Liver transplant – It is the surgical operation of removing a diseased liver from the body and replacing it with a healthy one. It is mainly done in patients who are suffering from end stage chronic disease. A person who is donating the liver should not worry as it regenerates in a short span of time. Major reasons of its failure are Cirrhosis, hepatitis B and C, non alcoholic fatty disease, genetic disease etc. After the procedure of liver transplant, your condition will be monitored. It will be seen if there are any signs of complications. You are kept in ICU for a few days.
Tags: Best Hepatology Hospitals in India, Hepatology Specialists in India, Hepatology doctors in India, Medical Tourism in India, Health and Holidays.