Cosmetic Surgery Hospitals in India
Cosmetic surgery is a surgery that focuses on enhancing appearance of our body with the help of surgical means. It can be performed on any part of the body – face, neck, head etc. Cosmetic surgery is solely carried out to improve aesthetic appearance.
There are many advantages of having a cosmetic surgery. Some of the advantages are –
1. Cosmetic surgery can play a major part in rebuilding lost confidence and self-image. If there are physical features that you wanted to achieve for long, then cosmetic surgery is a very good idea.
2. Benefits of a plastic surgery are noticeable to the naked eye and that too immediately.
3. Many cosmetic surgeries are done to reverse the effect of age. You can undergo this surgery to look and feel younger.
4. As long as you are realistic about your goals, the outcome of the surgery will make you feel satisfied.
5. In some of the cases, cosmetic surgery is directly proportional to the overall health. For ex- in breast reduction surgery, pain due to extra pressure on the backs and shoulder is rectified.
6. Professional life is also made better. Due to the rise in confidence, you will be able to take chances and speak out. This will make you self empowered.
The field of cosmetic surgery is wide and the procedures that are done depend on the body parts. Some of the common procedures are –
1. Breast implants – Breast implant is a cosmetic procedure in which an artificial device is used to alter the shape and size of the woman’s breast. It is a surgical operation in which incisions are made under the breast around the nipples. The size of the incision depends on the customer’s requirement. After the implant has been placed, the incision will be closed.
2. Liposuction – Liposuction is a procedure in which fat from one part of the body is removed to improve the shape of the body. It is suitable for patients who have fat accumulated in certain parts of the body. One thing to note while going ahead with this procedure is that it is not a procedure for weight loss. It only helps in improving body contour. With the help of incisions, a thin tube is positioned between skin and muscles from where excess fat is to be removed.
3. Botox injections – Botox is a neurotoxic protein that is used to treat certain muscular conditions and cosmetically remove wrinkles. These wrinkles are removed from our body by temporarily paralyzing the muscles. It is a safe procedure which takes very less time to complete.
4. Lip augmentation – It is a type of cosmetic procedure which is used to alter the appearance of the lips by increasing their fullness through enlargement using fillers. The resulting lips are fuller, well rounded and fleshy. In this procedure, two incisions are made in each corners of the mouth. With the help of a small passing instrument, implants are put into the place before the incisions are closed.
5. Chin augmentation – Chin augmentation is a procedure to alter the underlying structure of the face i.e. the chin. If you have normal working jaws but weak chin profile, then you will be a suitable candidate. An incision is made inside or outside the mouth depending on the requirement. A pouch is created in front of the chin bone and under the muscles which carries the implant.
An ideal candidate is one who has a specific area which needs to be enhanced. The expectation should be realistic.
Incisions are usually made in the areas that are not visible but some areas such as back and chest produce more severe scarring.
The results are long lasting as long as healthy lifestyle is maintained.
In general, 2000-2200 grafts are provided in one session.