Neurology Treatment Hospitals in India
The branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of the disorders of the nervous system is known as Neurology. It includes all the categories of the conditions involving central nervous system and peripheral nervous system and its subdivisions, the autonomic nervous system and the somatic nervous system. Neurology is closely related to neurosurgery and the only difference between them is that neurosurgery deals with surgical treatments.
The role of nervous system is to carry messages to and from the brain and spinal cord to various parts of the body. A doctor who specializes in this medical field is known as neurologist. There are different causes for diseases of our nervous system. Some of them are given below –
1. Vascular disorders such as blood supply problems.
2. Injuries caused to our brain and spinal cord.
3. Congenital problems.
4. Degenerative problems such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease etc.
5. Mental health problems such as anxiety disorders, depression or psychosis.
6. Infection in brain and nearby areas such as meningitis, encephalitis, abscesses etc.
7. Speech and language disorders.
8. Multiple sclerosis.
9. Conditions such as thyroid dysfunction, diabetes, Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
10. Electrolyte problems.
It is a medical subspecialty of neurology which specializes in minimally invasive image-based technologies in diagnosis and treatment of the nervous system. In this subspecialty, endovascular treatment, embolization for intra cranialaneurysm, arteriovenous malformations (AVM) and dural arteriovenous fistulas (DAVF) etc. are provided.
Some of the common diseases that are tackled by an Interventional Neurologists are –
1. Head and neck aneurysms.
2. Embolization of tumors.
3. Intracranial venous disorders including dural sinus stenosis and pseudo-tumor cerebri.
4. Spinal vascular malformations.
5. Stroke and stroke syndromes.
No. They provide the least invasive approach to treat various conditions.
It includes stroke, seizures, brain aneurysms, benign and malignant tumors, cardiovascular disease etc.
Tiny tubes called catheters are advanced into the body. Stents or coils medicine can also be used. For guiding purpose, equipments like X-rays, MRI and other imaging methods are used.
You will be asked to change into a gown and checked by the nurse. An IV line will be placed by the nurse in your arm to give sedation.